Web And Orm Framework
post_id: 52 / post_date: 2011-06-11
Entities and their maps are managed in Excel and generated using QGen.
- Entity has Id and auditing columns (created / updated).
- TableName, fieldNames and Captions are defined in an EntityMap.
- DBManager (base class)
- Generates Insert / Update based on Id = default or not.
- Loads one / list using db reader given constructor as argument.
- Fluently build DbCommand with sql string and named parameters.
- Execute command with an expected rows to update and message to throw if rowcount not expected.
- Generic List / View and Edit Control (takes FielCollection)
- Gets FieldCollection from postback so that saving can be (caught in pageload) done before reload. Again, uses no runat server controls.
- Special Fields (like radio button with key / value) can be plugged in. Key / val defined in Orm layer.
Given a parentid, a flat List<T> can be loaded hierarchically using FindAll / ForEach and AddRange.
Displaying can be done with a combination of ul / li calling a recursive function.
Both these can be seen here.
Still in gestation, I will cleanup and upload this project later.